STK/Unit 1.0 Release Candidate 2 is out!
STK/Unit 1.0 Release Candidate 2 is *almost* a stable version. STK/Unit main author uses the software since 2010, but heavily recoded when he decided to make it public. All old tests he wrote still work.
Since the first public release, rc1, we only received come private feedback. That has been valuable, because helped us to identify bugs and flaws. But we hope we receive some public feedback before declaring STK/Unit stable.
Here is a list of changes in 1.0 Release Candidate 2:
- fixed some executable comments to work with MySQL 5.1
- restore old @@session.SQL_MODE after installation
- renamed xml_replace() to xml_encode()
- added empty lines before & after report output, so it's more readable
- assert_sql_ok() internally transforms SELECT … into DO (SELECT …) to avoid an extra resultset.
- added README, INSTALL, VERSION informative files, removed old ugly README.md
STK/Unit is still expanding the list of supported platform; currently, the folloing are supported:
- MariaDB 5.5 and 10.0 – work good
- MariaDB 5.3, 5.2, 5.1 – with documented minor problems
- MySQL 5.1 – using MyISAM place of Aria, works like old MariaDB versions
Documentation and Downloads for STK/Unit and others STK tools to come, are avaible from here:
The public Mailing List can be found here:
The STK team encourage you to try STK/Unit in your databases, report any bugs you may find, ask for help in the list when needed, and let us know any comments. Your feedback is valuable for us!
The STK Team