STK/Unit 1.0 Release Candidate 3 is out!
STK/Unit 1.0 Release Candidate 3 should be a stable version. STK/Unit main author uses the software since 2010, but heavily recoded when he decided to make it public. All old tests he wrote still work.
Since the first public release, rc1, we only received come private feedback. That has been valuable, because helped us to identify bugs and flaws. We really wish to receive some public feedback before declaring STK/Unit production-ready.
This RC was not planned. However, we were able to expand the list of supported MySQL and MariaDB versions with a very low delta from the previous release. This should help us to get some user feedbacks, and we believe that we are not introducing any bugs.
Now, supported platforms are:
- MariaDB 10.0, 5.5
- MariaDB 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 (with some documented issues: a few DDL-specific assert functions could generate obscure exceptions)
- MySQL 5.6, 5.5
- MySQL 5.1 (with same problems MariaDB 5.1 has)
Here is a list of changes in 1.0 Release Candidate 3:
- Fix bug #1162515 (test_stk_unit aborts on MySQL 5.5)
- Modifying SQL files for installation on Oracle MySQL is no longer necessary
- Commented BTs in test_stk_unit_assertions contained errors
- Minor code cleaning
Documentation and Downloads for STK/Unit and others STK tools to come, are avaible from here:
The public Mailing List can be found here:
The STK team encourage you to try STK/Unit in your databases, report any bugs you may find, ask for help in the list when needed, and let us know any comments. Your feedback is valuable for us!
The STK Team